FORT WORTH CELEBRATES NATION'S BIRTHDAY
A Variety of Family-Friendly Activities Highlight City of Cowboys and Culture
FORT WORTH, Texas - Celebrate July 4th weekend in Fort Worth! It's the perfect time to take advantage of the Fort Worth Convention & Visitors Bureau's "Summer Stay & Save" promotion. Visit www.fortworth.com and click on the "Summer Stay & Save" icon on the lower left hand side of the home page. There travelers will find various cost-saving vacation ideas, including links to hotel room deals, coupons from Fort Worth attractions, and a listing of hot things to do in Fort Worth.
Below is a listing of several special celebrations honoring America's birthday. For additional information on events over July 4th weekend, visit www.fortworth.com.
• Concerts in the Garden - Friday, July 2 - Sunday, July 4 - Fort Worth Botanic Garden - Old Fashioned Family Fireworks Picnic - It's a Fort Worth family tradition! Filled with patriotic songs and heart-pounding marches, this exhilarating Independence Day celebration offers one of the best fireworks displays in the area. This is one of the Fort Worth Symphony's most popular concerts so order your reserved table or general admission lawn tickets today.
• Stockyards Stampede - Saturday, July 3 - North Forty Concert Venue adjacent to Billy Bob's Texas - On Saturday, July 3, don't miss the Stockyards Stampede with the Randy Rogers Band and special guests MC Hammer, Everclear, Mark Chesnutt, Ryan Bingham, Radney Foster, Sons of Bill, The Bird Dogs, Justin McBride and more. Tickets are on sale at Billy Bob's box office at 817-624-7117 or at www.ticketmaster.com.
• Fort Worth Cats Independence Day Fireworks Spectacular - Sunday, July 4 - LaGrave Field - Come out and cheer on the Fort Worth Cats as they take on the Grand Prairie AirHogs. The game starts at 4:30 p.m. with live music afterwards. The fireworks spectacular will start at approximately 9:30 p.m.
• Fort Worth Fourth - Sunday, July 4 - Trinity River behind LaGrave Field - Turn back time to an evening of good old-fashioned fun. Live music, water shows, trolley rides, games and activities will casually sprawl along the Trinity River on the levee behind LaGrave Field. The evening will end with what promises to be the best fireworks display in Fort Worth. Fort Worth's Fourth is a free event open to the entire community. See the Rock the Fourth Battle of the Bands, sponsored by 95.9 The Ranch. Stage performances will feature the three bands selected as finalists by radio listeners throughout the month of June. The winning band will play at Ranch Bash 2010.
• Fourth of July - Stockyards Style - Sunday, July 4 - Stockyards National Historic District - Events include the Fort Worth Herd Cattle Drive at 11:30 a.m. and 4 p.m., petting zoo, face painting, Fort Worth Herd CowCamp, gunfight shows and live music. Lots of great food, shopping, museums, and entertainment will also be available.
For more information, call 800-433-5747 or stop by one of our Visitor Information Centers.
About the Fort Worth Convention & Visitors Bureau
The Fort Worth Convention & Visitors Bureau is the official destination marketing organization of the 17th-largest city in the United States. The organization is dedicated to promoting Fort Worth as a premier business and leisure destination, with thriving centers of culture and commerce. For more information, visit www.fortworth.com.
# # #