Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- 2001 West Seminary Drive
- Fort Worth, TX TX
- Visit Website
Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary exists to provide theological education for individuals engaging in Christian ministry. Southwestern provides a community of faith and learning that develops spiritual leaders with a passion for Christ and the Bible, a love for people, and the skills to minister effectively in a rapidly changing world. Since its founding, the seminary has trained and sent out more than 40,000 graduates to serve in local churches and mission fields around the world. In 1908, B.H. Carroll established the seminary on the campus of Baylor University. It was moved to its current location on Seminary Hill in Fort Worth in 1910 and was placed under the direction of the Southern Baptist Convention in 1925. Paige Patterson was elected as the eighth president of the seminary in 2003. Located on campus is The Riley Center that offers 12 flexible rooms which provide 55,000 square feet of conference space, seating a total of 1,200. The Jimmy and Carol Ann Draper Guest Housing Center inside The Riley Center includes 48 luxury guestrooms and 7 suites. Also available is the MacGorman Chapel and Performing Arts Center. With a 3,500 seat auditorium, the 96,000 square-foot center is ideal for conferences, concerts, recitals, and a host of other events that require ample seating, stage space and lighting.