Molly the longhornTo honor the cattle industry upon which Fort Worth was built a longhorn head sculpture was placed on the Stockyards National Historic District's Livestock Exchange Building in 1909.

Folklore holds that the sculpture was named Molly, and her vantage point gave her a view of all the activity in town.

Molly is now the official mascot of Fort Worth and has a place in the City's logo, on many local businesses like Molly the Trolley, and as a pin on the lapel of many a proud Fort Worthians.