NEAR FORT WORTH
Beyond the established districts, there’s lots to see and do near Fort Worth, from the big dome, AT&T Cowboys Stadium to big-time shopping.
- Just 15 miles east of downtown Fort Worth, NFL football fans can find the legendary Dallas Cowboys and the club’s iconic stadium. Home to Super Bowl XLV, AT&T Cowboys Stadium is an attraction in itself and thanks to daily tours, you can get behind-the-scenes access
- Down the road from Fort Worth, the Texas Rangers play at Globe Life Park in Arlington, a baseball-only facility that serves as the center of a 270-acre complex including a lake and recreation space surrounding the perimeter.
- Next to DFW Airport, the American Airlines C.R. Smith Museum is all about the magic of airplane flight, with hands-on exhibits, full-scale aircraft engines, historical artifacts, even a rare DC-3 airliner.
- The Fort Worth Nature Center and Refuge is one of the largest in the country, this tranquil nature center boasts 3,621 acres of forests, prairies and wetlands, along with more than 20 miles of hiking trails.
- Located 15 miles north of downtown, Lake Worth, an integral part of Fort Worth’s history since 1914, offers outdoor fun, paddleboard rentals at Lakeside Paddle and plenty of recreational space along the water.