The growth of Fort Worth's downtown, 35-block Sundance Square shopping and entertainment development (featured on ESPN College GameDay) has helped boost the demand for meetings and conventions. Downtown Fort Worth is adding more than 1,000 hotel rooms and repurposing its convention center arena to meet the demand. Also in the works are plans for a new convention center hotel, expected to be built across the street from the convention center and near the light rail station, TEXRail, that will connect with DFW International Airport.
Dickies Arena, located in Fort Worth's Cultural District and scheduled to open November 2019, is an exceptional facility located on the Will Rogers Memorial Center campus. The arena will attract a wide variety of high-quality entertainment options to the Fort Worth area including concerts, sporting events and family shows, as well as host the month-long Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo. In addition to exciting entertainment and sporting events, Dickies Arena will have the capacity to accommodate conventions, exhibit events, business meetings and private receptions with flexible meeting and event spaces ranging in size from 685 square feet to 91,315 square feet.
Stockyards National Historic District is one of the most popular spots in Texas and home to The Fort Worth Herd, the world's only twice-daily cattle drive. Fort Worth's Hickman family, who led the preservation of the district 30 years ago, has announced a $175 million development plan to enhance the area with Majestic Realty.
Proposed Festival Districts
• The "Marine Creek" district, adjacent to the Lonesome Dove Western Bistro restaurant and White Elephant Saloon, will house restaurants and a hotel bordering the water.
• The historic Mule Barns bordering Marine Creek will be outfitted with additional shops and restaurants.
• Additional hotel and meeting properties are being discussed for the site of the former Swiss-Armor Meat Packing Plant. *Project timeline is TBA.
The Sinclair, Autograph Collection (Fall)
• Located in Fort Worth's historic 1930 art-deco Sinclair Building in Sundance Square
• Five-minute walk/two-minute ride from Fort Worth Convention Center
• 1 meeting room; 444 sq. ft. of total meeting space
• 165 rooms
AC Hotel by Marriott (Fall)
• Located in downtown Fort Worth on the corner of 5th and Main Street
• Five-minute ride from Fort Worth Convention Center
• 252 rooms
Springhill Suites By Marriott - Stockyards (Spring)