Rabbit Hole Brewing
- Brew buzz: Rabbit Hole Brewing sold its first keg in late 2013 to the Mule Barn in Justin, a half-hour north of Fort Worth, but the creators worked long before that on their quality craft beer ideas. Homebrewers first, the trio of founders, Tom Anderson, Matt Morriss and Laron Cheek are the Horsemen of the Hopocalypse.
- Brewmaster: To Matt Morris, the keys lie in not being narrow-minded and not being afraid to try something different, but celebrating "when you taste something that is truly different."
- Beer sipping: Creating year-round craft beers based on under-represented world styles, and adding quirky seasonal offerings, is the overall aim. Year-round, enjoy Mike Modano's Kolsch-Style Beer, Rapture Fusion Brown Ale and 10/6 English Pale Ale. Seasonals include theWonderlust Saison, Rude Jester IPA, Centennial Pale Ale, Off With Your Red (imperial red IPA), Mystic Rapture, Crazy 9 and Hole Lang Syne, a Belgian golden strong with berries.
- Brewery visits: You'll note a personal touch at the Saturday events, when one of the founders and employees greet patrons. There's a regular 1:15 p.m. toast on Saturday, sometimes led by a brewery regular. Come between noon and 4 p.m. on Saturday; tours are at 1:16 p.m. and 3 p.m. and are free. Tastings are $10 for three pints in your souvenir glass. It's generally dog- and kid-friendly. Edibles come from food trucks and local pizza joints.
- Details: 608 Topeka Ave., Justin, TX 76247; 940-441-3528