- Brew buzz: About 35 miles southwest of Fort Worth, this countryside favorite was founded by the father-son team of Ron and Rhett Keisler and master brewer Grant Wood. Using fresh water from their Trinity Aquifer well, the team brews top-rate beer. Spending time here on Saturday is a weekly party with corn-bag toss games, horseshoes and Giant Jenga.
- Brewmaster: Grant Wood brought a wealth of experience from his post at Samuel Adams Brewery. It's hard to believe he's the head brewer -he doesn't have a beard!
- Beer sipping: Revolver became quickly, rightly famous for its Blood & Honey, an American wheat ale. High Brass, an American blonde ale; Sidewinder, a pale ale; Ironhead, an IPA; and Revolver Bock are the other flagship beers. Seasonals include several, such as Mother's Little Fracker, a stout; and Cinnamon Girl, the spiced American red ale.
- Brewery visits: Open noon-3 p.m. Saturday; arrive prior to 2 p.m., and enjoy four 8-ounce tastings. After 2 p.m., receive two 8-ounce tastings. One of the brewers leads a tour at 1:30 p.m. Admission is $10 for guests 18 and older and includes logo pint glass, tastings (for those 21 and up) and live music. Food trucks or other vendors are on-site. Families are always welcome but pets must stay at home.
- Details: 5650 Matlock Road, Granbury, TX 76049; 817-736-8034