Shannon Brewing Co.
- Brew buzz: Founded in Keller (a few minutes north of Fort Worth) in 2014 by Shannon Carter, who began brewing at home 25 years ago, thanks to a passion for beers from the U.K. and Ireland. Following an old-school process, Shannon brews with fire throughout the process, caramelizing sugar to give a certain flavor, and using pure spring water from the ancient springs over which the brewery sits.
- Brewmaster: Shannon says, "We brew with non-GMO grain, whole flower hops and a whole lotta love. It's as natural as you can make it!"
- Beer sipping: Year-round choices are Irish Red; All American Bonde, IPA and Chocolate Stout. Seasonals are Irish Cream Ale, Dry Hopped Irish Red, Bohemian Lager, Honey Porter, Chocolate Rum Stout, Spiced Winter Stout and some one-offs.
- Brewery visits: Great for taking friends and out-of-towners to kick back with a pint. Dogs and kids are welcome, and you'll likely be greeted by Arlo, the big, friendly, yellow shepherd/brewery dog. There are games for everyone, as well as lemonade, and food trucks frequent the brewery; you can order in pizza, too. The taproom is open 4-9 p.m. Thursday-Friday; 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday; and noon-5 p.m. Sunday. The Saturday pint special is $12, providing you three pints plus a commemorative glass (free for kids and non-drinkers).
- Details: 818 N. Main St., Keller, TX 76248; 817-337-9892