Toby Keith sang it best, “I should have been a cowboy. I should have learned to rope and ride.” Who hasn’t dreamed of living life of the range, free and easy? That’s why there’s no better place than Fort Worth – an original cowtown – to celebrate the 5th Annual National Day of the American Cowboy (NDAC) on July 27th!
Join in on the cowboy fun and enter to win a Texas-sized prize package through our #CowboyupinFW Photo Contest on Instagram & Twitter, running July 11 through July 22, you could win one of two packages, including four (4) tickets to each of the following: the Zydeco Music Festival, the NMWHM Hall of Fame Rodeo, the Celebrity Benefit Concert & Comedy Show, the NMWHM Museum, and the Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame. Winners will be announced on Instagram and Twitter on July 23, so make a weekend of it and check out all the cowboy fun there is to offer!
- Fort Worth Herd Cattle Drive held daily at 11:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. daily (Free)
- Stockyards National Historic District Celebration, named the best event of its kind by American Cowboy magazine, presents Wild West shows, Western-themed parade (starts at 11:30 after the drive) live music, cowboy karaoke, a most-worn boot contest, gunfight shows and more in the historic Stockyards!
- Fort Worth Herd Cow Camp at 1:30 p.m. (Free Admission - 131 E. Exchange Ave., behind the Livestock Exchange Building)
- Stockyards Championship Rodeo at 8 p.m. (Ticketed - Cowtown Coliseum)
Additional events will be hosted by the National Multicultural Western Heritage Museum (NMWHM):
- All My Children’s Walt Willey as “Wild Bill Hickok” at 1 p.m. (Ticketed Event - River Ranch in the Fort Worth Stockyards)
- Zydeco Music Festival at 5 p.m. (Ticketed Event - River Ranch in the Fort Worth Stockyards)
- Western Heritage Symposium, 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. Noon (Free Admission - National Multicultural Western Heritage Museum)
- National Multicultural Western Heritage Museum Hall of Fame Rodeo 7 p.m. Sunday (Ticketed Event - Cowtown Coliseum)