Events today are all about the experience and the memories made, and Fort Worth's Services Team makes it a breeze to plan one that will be raved about as unforgettable. Whether you prefer the western chic vibe Fort Worth is so fondly known for or a more upscale feel with a culture background, we can help you experience a sense of belonging by incorporating a taste of the local scene. And there are plenty of unique event venues to choose from.
Iconic venues like River Ranch and Billy Bob’s Texas have wooed planners for years in the Historic Stockyards, while the new-ish Sundance Square Plaza and Pavilion in the city's vibrant Downtown offers an outdoor experience like none before it. Local faves such as the Marquis on Magnolia, BRIK and our image feature for this blog, Mopac, are all great options for offsite events as well.
Nestled near the TCU/University area developments, Mopac is quickly becoming "the place" to host your next event. The venue is named after its location adjacent to the former Missouri Pacific Railroad (now Union Pacific). Mopac offers a combination of rustic and industrial elements mixed with elegant touches of décor to create a unique atmosphere. The venue flaunts both indoor and outdoor spaces with a semi-blank canvas, allowing functionality and creativity for events.
Here are 5 ways to incorporate Fort Worth into your next event as seen at Mopac:
- Themes -- We are proud of our western heritage and the possibilities are endless if you want to find your inner cowboy and add some boot scootin’ to your night; however, there is so much more to the city. Explore the many offerings available from one of our renowned museums - such as a visit from the Kimbell Art Museum's new mascot, Wari; combine dinner and a show at one of the well-known performing arts centers; get in touch with your wild side at the Fort Worth Zoo or the Fort Worth Botanic Garden; or feed your need for speed at Texas Motor Speedway.
- Taste Fort Worth – Top chefs and catering companies make it easy to craft a menu that showcases the local flavors.One can never go wrong with Heim BBQ, but the list doesn’t end there – Reata on the Road, Magdalena’s, Joe T. Garcia’s, and many more serve up quintessential Fort Worth cuisine with a twist.
- Funkytown Musicians -- Home to many talented musicians, including Leon Bridges and Maren Morris, there is no shortage of artists to serenade the crowd at your next event. Up-and-comers like Austin Allsup, Luke Wade, Grady Spencer & The Work and Reagan James belt out diverse musical offerings sure to please all guests.
- Brews and Spirits – Cheers to incorporating one of Fort Worth’s locally made spirits in a signature cocktail. You can choose from Firestone & Robertson's popular TX Whiskey, Acre Distillery's Meander Wooded Gin or Black Eyed Distilling Co.'s BLK EYE Vodka. Hard liquor too strong? Fear not, you can add a taste of the Fort Worth Ale Trail and request one of the local brews like Rahr & Sons or Martin House Brewing.
- Sweets & Gift Favorites – What’s a good party without dessert? You can work with your caterer or venue to provide a Texas favorite – (pecan pie or banana pudding are always a good choice), or invite a local sweet treat vendor in like Alchemy Pops or Melt Ice Cream to satisfy your sweet tooth. Last, but not least, you can send off your guess with a locally made gift or iconic Texas item – who doesn’t look good in a hat?