It’s summer in Texas, so you are probably already drenched the moment you step out the door, so why not get soaked and beat the triple digit heat in these family friendly swimming spots around the city.
- Burger’s Lake is a 30 acre park featuring a natural spring fed lake for swimming. Two sandy beaches and giant shade trees make for a perfect place to relax, or if you are brave enough, you can hit the diving boards, slides, and trapeze.
- Sycamore Spraygrounds. Forget the playground; summer is all about the spraygrounds. Just outside Sycamore Community Center, water shoots from the ground, delighting little ones with the spray. With shallow water all around, parents can kick and back and chill, as well.
- Marine Park Pool is one the newest aquatics centers in Fort Worth, and while the parents love relaxing in the submerged lounge chairs, the kids are all about the interactive water playground. Crowding under the giant bucket as it dumps gallons of water is a mandatory summer activity.
- Forest Park Pool is the oldest swimming pool in Fort Worth, and thanks to a recent renovation will be cooling off the next generation of families this summer. Zero entry pools and “cool-brella” picnic facilities are family favorites.
- Lake Worth is a great spot for beginners and families looking to try stand up paddle boarding or just swim along the shoreline. Conveniently located right off Jacksboro Hwy at the beautiful Marina Park, the lake itself is a lot less crowded than other area lakes.