With less than 20 days until Christmas, the pressure is on to find the perfect gift - at the last minute. Whether shopping for a jetsetter or the ultimate foodie, check out these Fort Worth-based specialty shops for one-of-a-kind gifts worth fighting over:
- Vending Nut Company: Offering a large assortment of nuts, dried fruits and seeds, the Vending Nut Company's holiday gift packs are perfect for office gift exchanges. Packs include: Yum Yum Tree, Cajun Pepper and Christmas Snack Trio to name a few. Under $50.
- Hot Damn, Tamales!: Serving 15 flavors of specialty gourmet tamales, including vegan and gluten-free options, Hot Damn, Tamales! offers the perfect holiday gift boxes for the foodie of any background. Options of note include Chocolate Tamales with Cherries and Pecans, Cowboy BBQ Brisket and Wild Mushroom & Texas Goat. $12-$14 for half dozen, plus shipping.
- Mrs. Renfro's Gourmet Salsas: Salsa and spicy food lovers will delight at the sight of Mrs. Renfro's famous salsas including: Mango Habanero, Raspberry Chipotle, Peach, Pomegranate Tequila and Ghost pepper. $3.25 a bottle, plus shipping.
- Best Maid Pickles: Pickles aren't just for the ballpark, but make great additions to the holiday snack table too. You'll hit it out of the park this Christmas with Best Maids' Farm to Market pickles including: Bloody Mary Pickles, Garlic Baby Dills, Sea Salt and Peppercorn, Garden Fresh and the Variety Pack.
- Pendery's World of Chiles & Spices: No longer reaching their customers via horse-drawn carriage, Pendery's ships hundreds of spices and rubs, sauces and salsa, chile peppers and more across the nation each year. Surprise the family cook with the famous Fire Hall No. 1 Chile gift set that includes all the ingredients for a tasty Christmas chili. $13.95, including shipping.
- W Durable Goods: Jetsetters will love the quality travel gear and leather goods made from American leather, canvas and vintage fabrics at W Durable Goods. Duffel bags, passport covers and train cases are just a few of the unique items sold. Prices vary.