The Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame pays tribute to the cowboys and cowgirls who have excelled in the sports of rodeo, cutting and ranching, and those individuals who have dedicated their lives to promoting and preserving Texas Western heritage. The Sterquell Wagon collection features more than 60 Old West wagons, carts and sleighs. At the Exploratorium, children can learn to pack for a trail drive and dig for treasures in the sawdust, among other hands-on experiences. Western-themed apparel, jewelry and souvenirs are available in the gift shop.
Induction into Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame is the highest honor bestowed on individuals who have shown excellence in competition, business, and support of rodeo and the western lifestyle in Texas. This year's induction will take place January 17th, 2013 at the Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame in the Fort Worth Stockyards National Historic District.
This year's Inductees include:
- Dr. Tandy Freeman, III - Medical Director for the Justin Sports Medicine Team and Professional Bull Riders Sports Medicine Program, Team Physician for the Dallas Mavericks and a member of the physician pool for the U.S. Ski Team.
- Sandy Kirby - A 9-time qualifier for the bull riding and 5-time qualifier for the bareback competition. Kirby took home the Bareback Average title in 1973 and the Bull Riding Average title in 1974.
- Edwards Family & Edwards Ranch - The Edwards Ranch, which has been operating over 160 years, is considered prime real estate in Fort Worth. Over the years parts of the ranch have been sold and developed into Trinity Park and the Fort Worth Zoo.
- Tommy Steiner - The Steiner Rodeo Company has been home to some of rodeos finest stock including 6 Black 6, the 1975 Bull of the Year; 11 Red Lightning, the 1978 Bull of the Year and Stormy Weather, the 1975 Bareback Horse of the Year just to name a few.
Rick Smith Spirit of Texas Honoree:
- Randy White – A retired professional football player, White has appeared in numerous western and children’s fundraising events and is involved in celebrity roping events as well as with other western organizations.
Proceeds benefit the Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame in their ongoing education and preservation efforts. Click here for more information on the Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony or other Events in Fort Worth.