The jingling bells of Christmas and the clinking glasses of holiday-themed cocktails are two harbingers that merry ol’ times lie ahead. Fort Worth’s restaurants and bars have more seasonal offerings than we have days left until Christmas, but it’s never too late to get started.
The trees surrounding the Modern are adorned with Christmas lights in honor of the Museum’s 125th anniversary. While taking in all that visual loveliness, you can try any number of seasonal cocktails in the Café Modern:
- Hot Brown Butter Rum (apple, brown butter, orange zest and hot-buttered rum)
- Mint Toddy (mint, honey, lemon, clove, mint bitters and bourbon)
- Pumpkin-spiced Horchata (Herradura tequila, house-made pumpkin horchata and pumpkin spice).
The cozy West Magnolia cocktail bar has a Christmas-themed pop-up event through January 1. Miracle in Cowtown started as a concept in New York City four years again and has grown to more than 200 locations.
Along with vintage Christmas decorations, you can sip on:
- Snowball Old Fashioned (gingerbread bourbon, wormwood Bitters and lemon zest)
- How The Gimlet Stole Christmas (gin, sage, pine and Caraway Cordial)
- Run Run Rudolph (blanco tequila, coffee liqueur, iced hot chocolate and Mexican spices)
Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House offers the perfect holiday treat — Del’s Delight, a “boozy milkshake made with walnut and chocolate liqueurs blended with creamy vanilla ice cream.”
The popular Sundance Square restaurant is rolling out a seasonal cocktail menu to augment the excellent wine selection and margarita offerings. The Christmas-themed cocktail will be available December 4 and includes Smirnoff Whipped Cream Vodka, Godiva white chocolate liqueur, Rumple Minze, a dollop of whipped cream and a small candy cane for garnish.