[Art Exhibition] Buffer Zone by Madeline Irvine
- Presented By: Fort Worth Community Arts Center
- Dates: July 6, 2018 - July 27, 2018
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Location: Fort Worth Community Arts Center
- Address: 1300 Gendy Street, Fort Worth, TX 76107-4036
- Phone: (817) 738-1938
- Time: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Price: Free
In her art, Madeline Irvine concentrates on the beauty of the natural world. Irvine’s large salt crystal installations in Buffer Zones focus on the giant kelp forests beneath the ocean surface and the waves they help moderate. Along with coral reefs, kelp and mangrove are essential buffers between the enormity and power of the ocean and the essential fragility of the coast. Yet, the nature is endangered on many levels caused by global warming. Through her installation, Irvine hopes to raise awareness for environmental issues and contribute to the preservation of the world.
Buffer Zones by Madeline Irvine will be on view at Fort Worth Community Arts Center July 6 through July 27, 2018. The opening reception is July 6, 2018; 6-9pm.