Copland's Appalachian Spring and Stravinsky's Pulcinella Suite | Fort Worth Symphony
- Presented By: Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra
- Dates: 11/20/2020, 11/21/2020, 11/22/2020
- Location: Will Roger Memorial Auditorium
- Address: 525 Commerce Street, Fort Worth, TX 76102
- Phone: (817) 665-6000
- Price: Limited tickets available - contact the FWSO Box Office: 817-665-6000
Conductor Nicole Paiement leads a program featuring Stravinsky's Suite from Pulcinella, based on the one-act ballet of the same name written for Les Ballet Russes, is an eight movement work with music that retains the charm of the original work while incorporating harmonic and rhythmic intricacies of the twentieth-century. In the Suite from Appalachian Spring, Copland draws on the pioneering spirit of America in his depiction of a bride and groom, a revivalist minister, a pioneer woman, and the well-known Shaker Hymn "Simple Gifts" (Tis a Gift to Be Simple). In a second appearance on the program for the famed American composer, Copland's lyrical and jazz-influenced clarinet concerto will be performed by the captivating FWSO Principal Clarinetist Stanislav Chernyshev.