Flesh and Blood: Italian Masterpieces from the Capodimonte Museum
- Presented By: Kimbell Art Museum
- Dates: March 1, 2020 - June 14, 2020
- Recurrence: Recurring daily
- Location: Kimbell Art Museum
- Address: 3333 Camp Bowie Boulevard, Fort Worth, TX 76107-2744
- Phone: (817) 332-8451
- Time: The museum is open 10 a.m.--5 p.m. Tuesdays--Thursdays and Saturdays; noon--8 p.m. Fridays; and noon--5 p.m. Sundays. Closed Mondays.
- Price: $18 for adults, $16 for seniors and students, $14 for ages 6--11, and free for children under 6. Admission is half-price all day on Tuesdays and after 5 p.m. on Fridays.
The Kimbell Art Museum presents the breathtaking special exhibition Flesh and Blood, featuring 40 masterpieces from the Capodimonte Museum in Naples, one of the most important art collections in Italy. This monumental gathering of paintings is a journey through the major artistic achievements of Italian Renaissance and Baroque painting----featuring captivating stories, from Christian martyrdom to mythological passion, and diverse formats and purposes, from the intimacy of private devotion to the grandeur of state portraiture.