Jammie Holmes: Make the Revolution Irresistible
- Presented By: Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth
- Dates: August 11, 2023 - November 26, 2023
- Recurrence: Recurring daily
- Location: Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth
- Address: 3200 Darnell Street, Fort Worth, TX 76107
- Phone: (817) 738-9215
- Time: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Price: $16: General (age 18 and above) $12: Seniors (age 60+), Active/Retired Military Personnel* & First Responders with ID $10: Students with ID Free: Under 18 years old The Museum offers half-price tickets on Sundays and free admission on Fridays.
FREE Opening Weekend August 11-13!
Jammie Holmes: Make the Revolution Irresistible is Jammie Holmes’s (b. 1984) first solo exhibition in a museum. Holmes creates captivating paintings that show the visual and conceptual significance of the Black figure. Challenging stereotypes, Holmes explores notions of masculinity, mourning, childhood, and race. His works are filled with emotion and painterly gestures; his figures are often depicted in vulnerable situations or simply engaging in moments of contemplation. Rooted in the lived experiences of Black communities in the United States, Holmes is part of a continuum of painters that explore the human figure in current social and political conditions.