Make your own Civil War Sewing Kit Class
- Presented By: City of Fort Worth
- Dates: May 2, 2020
- Location: Van Zandt Cottage
- Address: 2933 Farm House Way, Fort Worth, TX 76107
- Phone: (817) 392-5881
- Time: 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Price: $25 early bird pricing per person if registered before April 11 ($35 after)
A Civil War soldier was often sent to battle with a small rolled-up fabric wallet (“housewife”) containing items to make emergency repairs to his uniform. Join Teresa as she guides you through the process of making your own kit/fabric wallet that can be used for everything from sewing to carrying tools.
—Program is designed to be an adult or adult/child activity. Limit of 2 children (ages 8 and up) per adult.
—This class will be held at our off-site facility, the Van Zandt Cottage
—Program fee includes a pass to Log Cabin Village and class materials.
—--$25 early bird pricing per person if registered before April 11 ($35 after); must register by April 25
—Registration required at least one week before class; register online tinyurl.com/lcvsewingclass