Mitch Epstein: Property Rights
- Presented By: Amon Carter Museum of American Art
- Dates: December 22, 2020 - February 28, 2021
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Location: Amon Carter Museum of American Art
- Address: 3501 Camp Bowie Boulevard, Fort Worth, TX 76107-2631
- Phone: (817) 738-1933
- Time: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Price: Free
In a series never shown before in a museum, pioneering color photographer Mitch Epstein (b. 1952) faces urgent, contemporary issues through his compelling photographs in Mitch Epstein: Property Rights. From Standing Rock protests to the Arizona and Texas borderlands, Epstein travels the country capturing images where public and private rights are often in conflict. Politics and citizenship, or environmental degradation and land rights, Epstein focuses on tough topics, helping us see overlapping, and often competing, histories and perspectives.
Epstein’s signature large-format photographs offer viewers a new way to consider the attention-grabbing headlines. His compositions celebrate beauty, light, and space, even as they raise questions about societal attitudes and priorities. Get lost in these 22 large-scale photographs as you challenge your perceptions and see modern history through the lens of an internationally renowned artist.