Modern Masters: A Tribute to Anne Windfohr Marion
- Presented By: Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth
- Dates: October 23, 2022 - January 22, 2023
- Recurrence: Recurring daily
- Location: Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth
- Address: 3200 Darnell Street, Fort Worth, TX 76107
- Phone: (817) 840-2167
- Time: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Price: $16: General (age 18 and above) $12: Seniors (age 60+), Active/Retired Military Personnel* & First Responders with ID $10: Students with ID Free: Under 18 years old The Museum offers half-price tickets on Sundays and free admission on Fridays.
Modern Masters: A Tribute to Anne Windfohr Marion highlights the contributions of one of the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth’s greatest patrons, tracing her support over nearly a half century. The exhibition of 80 works by 47 artists includes five renowned works from her collection, given to the Modern on her passing in 2021: Arshile Gorky’s The Plow and the Song, 1947; Willem de Kooning’s Two Women, 1954–55; Mark Rothko’s White Band No. 27, 1954; David Smith’s Dida Becca Merry X, 1964; and Ellsworth Kelly’s Spectrum III, 1967.
In addition to the recent gifts, this tribute features work from post–World War II art movements, including a major group of works by the Abstract Expressionist artist Jackson Pollock; iconic minimalist works by Carl Andre, Agnes Martin, and Richard Serra; and post-1970 photography by an international field of artists such as Bernd and Hilla Becher, Yasumasa Morimura, Thomas Ruff, Cindy Sherman, and Carrie Mae Weems, as well as works by other key artists such as Francis Bacon, Howard Hodgkin, Anselm Kiefer, Gerhard Richter, Sean Scully, and Richard Serra, among many others.
Each of the works presented in this exhibition was made possible by Anne Marion, Anne and John Marion, or The Burnett Foundation, in addition to gifts donated anonymously or in partnership with the Sid W. Richardson Foundation.
Bernd and Hilla Becher
Willem de Kooning
Gilbert & George
Sylvia Plimack Mangold
Agnes MartinYasumasa Morimura
Carrie Mae Weems