Texas Made Modern: The Art of Everett Spruce
- Presented By: Amon Carter Museum of American Art
- Dates: August 18, 2020 - November 1, 2020
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Location: Amon Carter Museum of American Art
- Address: 3501 Camp Bowie Boulevard, Fort Worth, TX 76107-2631
Texas Made Modern: The Art of Everett Spruce resurrects Spruce’s career and returns it to its place in the history of American art. Featuring fifty works from fifty years, the exhibition traces the evolution of Spruce’s art as he adapted his style and subjects to the era in which he worked. The exhibition and its accompanying catalogue bring to light Spruce’s role as not only a key figure in the development of modern art in Texas but as a vital contributor to the narrative of modernist landscape painting in America.
Artwork Credit: Collection of Brian and Vicki Miller © 2019 Alice Spruce Meriwether