The Fort Worth Film Commission was established in 2015 with the goal of serving as a beacon for the creative class. Since 2015 the film commission has worked with hundreds of projects and driven $47 million in economic impact. Highlights of projects include films such as: A Ghost Story, The Old Man & the Gun, Never Goin’ Back, No Future, Miss Juneteenth and 12 Mighty Orphans.
Our team is ready to help make your next onscreen project a success. Whether you are in the idea phase or deep into post-production our resources can guide you in the process. Fort Worth Film Commission reviews proposed films, commercials and programs and reserves the right to not support content that is discriminatory, sexually explicit or otherwise objectionable.
- Liaison for permits and permission to film
- Assistance in location research
- Access to a photo library of destination imagery and locations
- Resource for information on local production companies, film services and facilities
- Assistance with hotel room blocks
- List of crew/budget-friendly restaurants
- Transportation company recommendations
- Special offers from community partners
- Information on State and Local laws pertaining to filming;
- Coordination and introduction to local personalities (including Fort Worth Herd twice-daily cattle drive and drovers)
- Access to hi-resolution b-roll of Fort Worth which includes: major districts and neighborhoods, aerial/drone footage, Western experiences, outdoor and more
- Provide information on post production house facilities and resources in Fort Worth