In 1909, Quanah Parker and 36 Comanche braves participated in the first-ever indoor rodeo, the Fort Worth Fat Stock Show at Cowtown Coliseum, now called the Southwestern Exposition and Livestock Show. There is a historical display with images of Quanah.
Food Service Information
- Food Service Available:
- Reservations Recommended:
Game Room Information
- Game Comments: For General Parking, lots are located throughout the Stockyards. For Special Parking, please contact Quick Park at (817) 626-6736 or http://www.quickparktexas.com/
- Miles from Airport: 28
- Miles from Convention Center: 4
- Miles from Downtown: 2.5
- Miles from Will Rogers Memorial Center: 4
- Comments: Located in the heart of the Historic Fort Worth Stockyards
- Description The Cowtown Coliseum located in the heart of the Fort Worth Stockyards has a rich history steeped in Rodeo and the West. The Cowtown Coliseum offers all the modern amenities, yet retains the feel of a historic site. Cowtown Coliseum, the first ever indoor arena for rodeos in the United States, is available for events of all kinds. The venue was built in 1908 and was refurbished in 1986.