University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth
- 3500 Camp Bowie
- Fort Worth, TX 76107-2644
- (817) 735-2000
- Region: Cultural District
- Medicine, biomedical science, public health. The UNT Health Science Center is first and foremost a place where quality education of tomorrow's health professionals is at the heart of everything we do.
- UNT Health Science Center consists of three major schools â€”Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine, the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences and the School of Public Health â€”with a combined faculty of more than 200, a staff of 900 and a cadre of some 300 volunteer community physicians.
- TCOM is Texas' only college of osteopathic medicine, and one of only 19 in the nation. Since 1993 the graduate school has offered master's and doctoral degrees in the biomedical sciences, with specializations in anatomy and cell biology, molecular biology and immunology, pharmacology and integrative physiology. In January 1999, the institution's master of public health program received state approval to become a School of Public Health.
- In 1997, the health science center launched its Physician Assistant Studies Program, which in 1999 became the first PA Studies Program at a state-supported institution in Texas to operate as a master's level graduate program.
- UNTHSC offers:
Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine
Physician Assistant Studies Program
7-year B.S./D.O. Program
School of Public Health
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences