From big-name hotels such as the Courtyard by Marriott - Stockyards and the Embassy Suites by Hilton - Downtown Fort Worth to boutique-style stays at The Ashton Hotel and The Sinclair, hoteliers in Fort Worth are redefining clean and are dedicated to elevating high standards of sanitization and safety in public common areas, guest rooms, meeting spaces and amenities. We're open for business and ready to host you during your next meeting or event.
To ensure a clean and healthy environment, the City of Fort Worth is pursuing GBAC STAR™ accreditation for the FWCC, which helps facilities establish a comprehensive system of cleaning, disinfection and prevention for their staff and their buildings. All of the FWCC's health & safety guidelines are available here.
Standards for Employees & Attendees
- Physical Distancing: Attendees and employees will be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from other guests. Registration, room setups, exhibitions as well as all other physical layouts will be arranged to ensure appropriate distancing.
- Hand Sanitizer: Hand sanitizer dispensers will be placed at key guest and employee contact areas such as entrances, concourses, meal functions, concession stands and restrooms.
- Increased Signage: There will be health and hygiene reminders throughout the facility with special attention to entry doors, restrooms, concourses, lobbies and other high traffic areas.
- Case Notification: If they are alerted to a case of COVID-19 at the facility, the convention center will work with the local health authorities and will follow the appropriate steps to take with guests. They will conduct additional cleaning and disinfecting protocol of all areas that the guest has been during their visit.
- COVID-19 Training: All employees will receive training on COVID-19 safety and sanitization protocols with more comprehensive training for the teams with frequent guest contact including Event Services, Food & Beverage, Barn Operations and Security.
The Attendee's Journey
- Inside the FWCC: Doors will be placed open to limit touch, when practical; elevator landing and stairwell handrails will be disinfected throughout the day; work with meeting planner to determine where Lost & Found will be stored; electrostatic sprayers to be used on completed set-ups, public areas and restrooms prior to an event and overnight and more.
- Meeting Rooms, Exhibit Hall, Lobby or Concourse Areas: Seating capacities and room sets will adhere to local guidelines and social distancing, diagrams will be customized within applicable guidelines; client will be required to create lines with 6’ spacing marked on the floor; 15’-20’ aisle spacing in the exhibit hall will be maintained whenever possible and when using 10’ aisles, one-way traffic must be controlled with additional event staff or directional signs.
- Event Registration or Ticket Purchase: Online registration or paperless systems are recommended.
Food & Beverage Guidelines
- Employee PPE & Hygiene: All associates will be subject to daily health screenings which include daily temperature checks; hand sanitizer dispensers to be made available near service stations and more.
- Cleaning & Disinfecting: Service stations, service carts, beverage stations, counters, bar tops and trays to be sanitized before and after use; associates will increase the frequency of cleaning, disinfecting and sanitizing high touch services and areas with EPA recommended cleansers capable of combating COVID-19 and more.
- Physical Distancing Protocol: Tables to be set with a minimum of six feet between each table; acrylic protective barriers to be placed at all permanent concession stands; all self-serve food and beverage items will be temporarily replaced with attendant-served buffets or individually plated meals, attendant-served receptions and other break functions as appropriate; seating capacities and floor plans to be reviewed on an event by event basis to ensure physical distancing and regulations are met and more.
Will Rogers Memorial Center’s proactive cleaning and sanitization protocols will be enhanced, at every touchpoint, following the recommendations that are being provided by state, city and local public health authorities and the CDC. The center’s health and safety guidelines are available here. Planners can also take a 3D tour of the facility.
Standards for Employees & Attendees
- Physical Distancing: Attendees and employees will be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from other guests and employees while standing in lines, using elevators and escalators or moving around the property. Café and banquet tables and other physical layouts will be arranged to ensure appropriate distancing.
- Hand Sanitizer: Hand sanitizer dispensers will be placed at key guest and employee contact areas such as entrances, lobbies, concourses, main barn aisles, concession stands and cafes and restrooms.
- Health Concerns: WRMC employees have been given clear instructions on how to respond swiftly and appropriately to all presumed cases of coronavirus infection on property in accordance with local guidelines, and they will be ready to provide full support to guests addressing any health concerns.
- COVID-19 Training: All employees will receive training on COVID-19 safety and sanitization protocols with more comprehensive training for teams with frequent guest contact including Event Services, Food & Beverage, Barn Operations and Security.
- Inside the WRMC: Everyone is required to wear a mask or face covering while on property; signage will be throughout the common areas with special attention to restrooms and public concourses reminding everyone to practice social distancing and good hand hygiene; portable touchless hand sanitizer dispensers will be available; electrostatic sprayers to be used on completed set-ups, public areas and restrooms prior to an event, during breaks and overnight and more.
- Sales & Event Coordination: Sanitize conference room doors, tables, chairs light switches and other equipment after each use; seating capacities and floor plans to be reviewed on an event by event basis to ensure regulations are met; provide example of physically distanced floor plans and seating manifests; post signage outside of meeting and meal events reminding guests of appropriate social distancing guidelines.
- F&B: All buffet and self-serve style events to be postponed until further notice; all food and beverage items to be individually plated and served or individually boxed; tables to be set for a maximum number of guests based on size; water fountains will be covered and unavailable; touchless hand sanitizer dispenser at each concession stand, bar and quick-serve counter and more.
- Event Registration or Ticket Purchase: Lines will be created with 6’ spacing marked on the floor; ticketless ticketing systems are encouraged and more.
- Cleaning & Disinfecting: WRMC uses cleaning products and protocols which meet EPA guidelines and are approved for effective use; staff are working with vendors, distribution partners and suppliers to ensure an uninterrupted supply of these cleaning supplies and the necessary PPE is available; increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in all public spaces including an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces; increased frequency of air filter replacement and HVAC system cleaning has been increased and the amount of air exchange will be maximized to increase external airflow into the building and more.
- Social Distancing: Any area where guests queue will be marked with proper distancing (this includes registration desks, show, stall and shavings offices, ticket sales, concession stands and bars); all cafes will reduce seating by 50% to allow for a minimum of six feet between each table; arenas and the auditorium with fixed seating will be operated to maintain proper distancing and attendance limits; meeting and banquet set-up arrangements will allow for physical distancing between guests in all meetings and events and more.
High standards of cleanliness have been enhanced to provide the safest experience for all who visit Dickies Arena. Face coverings are required to be worn inside of the facility and guidelines will be reviewed regularly and will be updated as necessary. From cleaning protocols and physical distancing to F&B and seating capacities, read more about the Dickies Arena health and safety guidelines.
Fort Worth’s proactive efforts and commitment to re-open responsibly not only ensure the health and safety of the community but can reassure meeting planners and future attendees that we are consistently adapting so we can accommodate groups. Are y’all ready? Contact our team to learn more or submit an RFP.