On September 27, 2017 Fort Worth was designated the first music-friendly city in Texas by the Texas Music Office, Office of the Governor’s “Music-Friendly Communities” certification program. The Fort Worth Convention & Visitors Bureau and Hear Fort Worth partnered to accomplish the five steps set forward by the Texas Music Officer to become a music-friendly community.
- Host a music-friendly community workshop
- Establish a City/County/Region Music Office liaison, who can respond to constituent questions
- Register with the Texas Music Office’s Texas Music Industry Directory
- Demonstration of partnerships with the community's music-related 501c3 nonprofits in order to foster community development.
- Collaboration with music education programs, including area college or university music schools.
Fort Worth has deep roots in music-blues, jazz, rock, country and classical.
June – August 2019 - Texas' only waterfront stage is THE place to listen to live music along the river.
Fort Worth is growing and so is its live music scene. Luckily, that means you don't have to go far to find a...