Rabbit Hole Brewing
- Brew buzz: Rabbit Hole Brewing sold its first keg in late 2013 to the Mule Barn in Justin, a half-hour north of Fort Worth, but the creators worked long before that on their quality craft beer ideas. Homebrewers first, the trio of founders, Tom Anderson, Matt Morriss and Laron Cheek are the Horsemen of the Hopocalypse.
- Brewmaster: To Matt Morris, the keys lie in not being narrow-minded and not being afraid to try something different, but celebrating "when you taste something that is truly different."
- Beer sipping: Creating year-round craft beers based on under-represented world styles, and adding quirky seasonal offerings, is the overall aim. Year-round, enjoy Mike Modano's Kolsch-Style Beer, Rapture Fusion Brown Ale and Off With Your Red (Imperial Red IPA). They also feature a variety of seasonal and special releases throughout the year. They always have 10 beers on tap on-site in the taproom, and an occasional ferkin. Rabbit Hole is always featuring something special, be it a barrel-aged offering or a “staff tap,” collaborative beers between the brewer and Rabbit Hole staff members.
- Brewery visits: You'll note a personal touch at the brewery when one of the founders or employees greet patrons. Taproom hours are 5-10 pm Fridays and 12-6pm Saturdays, with extended hours (open until 11 pm on Saturdays) during the summer months. In addition to beers on draft, they also have beer-to-go for sale. It’s generally dog- and kid-friendly. Edibles come from food trucks and local pizza joints.
- Details: 608 Topeka Ave., Justin, TX 76247; 940-441-3528