Visit Fort Worth - FY 2023 Business Plan
Sharing the Fort Worth Welcome with All
To enhance Fort Worth’s image, economy and quality of life through meetings, sports & leisure tourism.
Increase Convention Sales Booking Production
Expand growing market segments such as medical, aviation, tech, freight, etc. to drive new business. Enhance incentives over need times to fill in-house hotel events and short-term convention center availability.
Increase Lead Conversion
Prioritize prospecting for new business, and amplify relationships with end users to close more business.
Maximize ROI for Convention Center Business Opportunities
Enhance sales lead evaluation process for best business decisions through weekly Lead Review Meetings and internal business review to strengthen overall objectives. Reduce move-in/move-out time to create more selling opportunities.
Consistent Event Strategy
Implement event theme and message for the year and involve key stakeholder partners at client events outside of market.
Optimize TPID Funds
Host Destination Education FAM Tours for new business. Enhance WOW site visits to close business. Align sales events to allow for maximum partner participation.
Enhance Overall Customer Experience
Institute a Net promoter score in customer survey related to the destination and working with VFW.
Amplify The Local Fort Worth Brand at Conventions
Encourage customers to invite local thought leaders, businesses and community service projects to be a part of the overall conference programming. Attendance-building efforts to boost attendance for conferences.
Boost Partner Engagement
Work in close partnership and communication with the Convention Center, City departments, hotels, restaurants and local vendors to deliver the highest levels of service.
Maintain Our Reputation as A Welcoming Destination For All Visitors
Marketing efforts to show Fort Worth is an inclusive, welcoming city. Welcome groups on social media and support through PR Efforts.
Provide Visitor Services & Retail Options to Enhance Visitor Experience
Implement a mobile visitor center and enhance the kiosk and collateral offerings at the Fort Worth Convention Center.
FORT WORTH SPORTS COMMISSION
- Develop and cultivate an event pipeline with targets for 2023-2026 and beyond.
- Foster and expand current relationships with key national governing bodies
- Review all bid processes and software to ensure efficiency -- internally and externally
- Execute proactive sales strategy inclusive of conferences and sales blitzes
- Create and execute specific event management plans for tier 1 events
- Fulfill operations and logistics items that are determined within the bid process.
- Manage event budgets and incentives
- Continue to build relationships with venues, partners and customers
- Create and execute comprehensive marketing plans for high level sporting events based on client and organization needs
- Build on strong relationships with local and regional media
- Manage and help develop the Fort Worth Sports Commission message and narrative (social, newsletters, event support, welcome for events, to local community and nationally)
- Develop and deliver post event reports for applicable events
- Successfully execute NCAA Readers Become Leaders Program around NCAA Gymnastics Championships
- Work with community partners (FWISD, FW Parks, etc...) to build and support a program to give more kids access to sports
- Build out other community initiatives around events if applicable
- Continue to support efforts by the City to build a premiere youth sports complex
Launch New Modern West Ad Campaign
- Hire an established commercial director and commercial photographer to elevate the Modern West campaign for 2022-2023
- Launch new brand creative across owned channels: web, social, e-marketing
- Engage a media buying agency to leverage brand across multiple ad channels
- Update website and create new engaging content for social including video for TikTok, Instagram etc.
- Activate in key target markets such as Chicago, Austin, OKC
- Media Mission to Chicago, LA and NYC in conjunction with campaign launch
Show Measurable Growth and Awareness of Fort Worth in Key In-State and Emerging Markets
- Increase spend in important meetings markets such as Chicago, LA and DC
- Increase awareness in-state with key brand partnerships and activations
- Launch Destination Analysts study in key TX Markets, OKC, Chicago, Nashville and Denver to benchmark growth
Elevate Fort Worth Culinary Scene
- Pitch chef profiles
- Create new videos and blog content
- Garden & Gun Partnership for national recognition and brand affiliation
- Enhanced culinary pages on FortWorth.com
- Create culinary roundtables and mixers
Increase Marketing Support for Group Business
- Advertising/PR/Activation/Video content Support for Sales and Sports
- Regular updates to meeting sales and marketing materials
- Launch a better bidbook system
- Use research tools and resources to showcase success of group business and sports
FORT WORTH FILM COMMISSION
Secure and Support Major TV Shows, Films and Commercials
- Work closely with teams exploring Fort Worth to ensure we do everything we can to keep Fort Worth stories in our city and provide resources in a timely manner
- Leverage film and tv projects to create tourism and PR opportunities
Advocate for Increase State Incentives & Launch Economic Impact Study
- Work with local legislators, filmmakers and state officials to increase TX film incentives
- Launch EI film study in FW to show complete picture of spend and impact
Elevate LSFF & Gala to a Top Texas Film Festival
- Plan festival, gala, panels, marketing, PR, logistics. Secure key local partnerships and media partners to expand reach of the festival.
Launch Workforce Training Program
- Outline a workforce training program to integrate into high schools and universities. Work closely with Mayor’s office, City Eco Dev, 101 Studios and FWISD
HEAR FORT WORTH
Build Community/Continue with Mixers
- Continue with monthly mixers and quarterly education mixers
- Local industry mixer to provide networking opportunities and support of local creative community
Export Local Music
- Expand travel grants
- Streamline structure for program
- Work closer with artists to distribute swag for tours
Sound Diplomacy Study
- Work with Sound Diplomacy to facilitate a new economic impact study that includes Dickies Arena and Tannahill's Tavern
- Better understand the nighttime economy and the customer spend post-Covid and including these new live music additions
Curate Fort Worth Artist Playlists
- Work with Amplify 817 and local musicians to curate a list of new music – a place where people can go and that convention customers can use, too
Make Progress in Social Issues
- Meet with health, medical and city officials to build awareness of what we have here and how to support it