Recently named the best downtown in the nation, (according to livability.com) Fort Worth’s city center buzzes day and night with people, energy and opportunity. It’s one of the cleanest, safest and most walkable urban areas you’ll find anywhere – the perfect place to soak up the excitement and friendly ambience of Fort Worth. The heart of downtown is Sundance Square, a 35-block shopping and entertainment district where charming, beautifully restored buildings stand alongside glittering skyscrapers. Here, you’ll find locals, downtown residents and visitors among a multitude of restaurants, shops, galleries and performance venues.
- Relax in the popular Sundance Square Plaza where you can find annual programs and events, people watch under the enormous umbrellas, grab a bite to eat on a patio or take a selfie in front of the whimsical water fountains
- See a performance in the acoustically perfect Bass Performance Hall, known for its towering angels carved in limestone
- Located in a restored 19th-century building in Sundance Square, the Sid Richardson is a free museum that this free museum showcases Sid Richardson's collection of the art of the American West. Prints and bronze reproductions are available in the museum store, as is a wide selection of books and gifts.
- Explore the gorgeous Fort Worth Water Gardens, a refreshing urban oasis next to the Fort Worth Convention Center
- Visit the JFK Tribute in General Worth Square, which honors President Kennedy’s historic stay in Fort Worth
- Take a break in Burnett Park or Hyde Park - home of the sleeping panther
- Hop aboard Molly the Trolley, a free bus service that circulates between downtown hotels and hot spots
Start your downtown adventure at the iFort Worth Visitors Information Center on Main Street to learn about what’s nearby. Plan your visit to Fort Worth's city center by browsing downtown events below.