Book A Hotel
If you're traveling with children, Fort Worth is a great destination for family fun. Don't miss our interactive museums like the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History and the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame. With learning stations, a rock-climbing tower, Museum of Living Art and miniature train, the Fort Worth Zoo is one of the nation's best zoos. Nearby, Six Flags and a host of water parks offer families splashes and thrills. Of course, kids will love weekend rodeos and the world's only twice-daily cattle drive in the Fort Worth Stockyards District.
Top Things to Do in Fort Worth With the Family
- FORT WORTH WATER GARDENS: An oasis among the skyscrapers of downtown, the Water Gardens features a “mountain” to climb, amphitheater, and three pools to explore.
- FORT WORTH ZOO AND SAFARI SPLASH: The zoo is home to 7,000 animals and was ranked #5 in the nation by USA Travel Guide. During summer months, kids can visit the animal-themed playground with plenty of water features to stay cool.
- BOTANIC GARDENS – FAMILY DISCOVER DAY: Spend some time in the 22 specialized gardens while learning about 2,500 species of plants. Family Discover Day takes place each month in the vegetable garden.
- BUREAU OF ENGRAVING AND PRINTING TOUR: MONEY FACTORY: Take a free guided tour of the Bureau of Engraving and Printing’s Western Currency Facility to learn about the process through interactive exhibits and a short film.
- TRINITY TRAILS: Walk, jog, bike, or horseback ride on the 70-mile-long Trinity Trails that follow the Trinity River through many popular spots around the city.
- FORT WORTH MUSEUM OF SCIENCE AND HISTORY: Three museums in one, families will enjoy five permanent exhibits. Crawl around a massive sandbox for fossils in the Dino Lab exhibit or explore light and color in the Designer Studio. Watch a show at the Omni Theater (an IMAX dome) or catch a star party at the Noble Planetarium.
- NATIONAL COWGIRL MUSEUM AND HALL OF FAME: The museum includes interactive exhibits, rare photographs and fascinating artifacts telling stories of famous cowgirls from Annie Oakley to Toy Story’s Jessie the Cowgirl.
- FORT WORTH HERD: The world’s only twice-daily cattle drive takes place at 11:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Exchange Avenue.
- COW CAMP: Memorial Day through Labor Day, adults and children experience hands-on activities such as roping, saddling, cattle drive demonstrations and chuck wagon stories from the Fort Worth Herd.
- STOCKYARDS CHAMPIONSHIP RODEO: The world’s only year-round rodeo takes place every Friday and Saturday night at 8 p.m. in the Cowtown Coliseum and features bull riding, barrel racing and calf roping. Kids can join in on the fun during the calf scramble.
- SUNDANCE SQUARE SPLASH PAD: Kids can enjoy playing in the plaza fountains between 2-6 p.m. on weekdays or 1-6 p.m. on the weekends. Bathing suits not allowed.