The Old West comes to life before your eyes during the Fort Worth Herd’s twice-daily cattle drive. Genuine Texas cowhands drive a herd of Texas longhorns down Exchange Avenue in the Stockyards National Historic District *every day at 11:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. Every detail of the cattle drive—from the saddles and chaps to the boots and hats – is authentic and historically true.
*Modified summer hours are currently in effect. The behind-the-scenes Fort Worth Herd Experience will take place on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 1 to 2 p.m. behind the Livestock Exchange Building at 131 East Exchange Avenue.The Cattle Drive travels through the Historic Fort Worth Stockyards on E. Exchange Avenue in front of the Fort Worth Livestock Exchange Building and then back to the holding pens behind the Livestock Exchange Building for viewing.
Best Places to View The Herd
Any Stockyards Station Restaurant with Outdoor Seating. Standing on E. Exchange Avenue in front of the Stockyards Visitors Center. The lawn in front of the Livestock Exchange Building.
See the Steers Anytime During the Day!
The Fort Worth Herd Steer can be viewed daily between drives in their pens behind the Livestock Exchange Building on East Exchange Avenue.
Drovers are available before and after each cattle drive for photo opps and questions.
**For the safety of our guests, staff, and animals unmanned aircraft systems (Drones) are prohibited from use during the Fort Worth Herd cattle drive.**
Fort Worth Herd Sponsors
- Ultimate Texas Getaway
- Fort Worth Road Trip!
- My Family's Holiday in Fort Worth
- Travel Partner Deals
- Convention Center Staff
- Amenities and Specifications
- Floor Plan and 3D Tour
- Submit Inquiry
- Downtown Walking Map
- Exclusive Service Providers
- Sustainability Efforts
- Submit Inquiry
- Campus Map and 3D Tour
- Room Diagrams for Event Planners
- Equestrian and Livestock Facilities
- Equestrian Center Information
- Venue Overview Brochure
- Annual Events
- In the News
- Will Rogers Staff
- Renovation Updates
- African American Heritage
- Hispanic Heritage
- Cultures Around the World
- Black Owned Businesses
- Native American History
- Thank You
- Haz tu compromiso
- Things to Do
- Whiskey, Wine and Unwind: Fort Worth, Tyler and Fredericksburg
- Willie, Waylon and Buddy: Fort Worth, Fredericksburg and Lubbock
- Buzz Thru Texas Brews Tour
- Magnolia to Magnolia: Fort Worth to Waco
- Peach Crawl: Fort Worth to Fredericksburg
- Three Magnolias Getaway: Fort Worth, Waco and Fredericksburg