Do you have what it takes to hang with the Herd? Click here to download an application.
Please return completed applications via email to TheHerd@FortWorth.com or mail to 129 East Exchange Avenue, Fort Worth, TX 76164.
JOB TITLE: Operations Managers
SUMMARY OF BASIC FUNCTIONS: Visit Fort Worth is the organization responsible for the city’s hospitality industry and manages the Fort Worth Herd’s twice daily longhorn cattle drive. We share the Fort Worth welcome with all to enhance Fort Worth’s image, economy and quality of life through business and leisure tourism. https://www.fortworth.com/the-herd/.
- Experience in operating equipment, personnel management, livestock handling.
- Materials, methods and techniques commonly used in livestock management and ranching.
- Additional specific duties related to equine management and ranching.
- Principles of training and monitoring lower-level staff.
- Conflict resolution, motivation, evaluating employees and empowerment.
- Operation of equipment, tools, tractor, truck, and livestock trailers.
- Experience in overseeing the feeding and daily care of horses and cattle.
- General knowledge of ranch work.
- General maintenance of tractors, skid steer, zero turn mowers, loaders, goosenecks and ranch vehicles.
- General maintenance and operation of machinery.
- General knowledge of safe livestock handling and care of both equine and bovine assets.
- Daily maintenance of all program facilities including stalls and operational facilities
- Daily maintenance of livestock refuse including proper disposal and containment.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service at any given time to partners and stakeholders.
Herd Operations Manager receives direction from Trail Boss for Visit Fort Worth. Herd Operations Manager is to assist in the supervision of staff members responsible for the humane treatment of the livestock, the condition of the equipment and facility. To adhere to and enforce personnel rules, regulations and code of conduct set in place by Trail Boss and Visit Fort Worth management. Herd Operations Manager may be required from time to time to assume the responsibility of the Trail Boss in the event of his or her absence.
As a Herd Operations Manager one must have the ability to supervise the staff as they direct cattle on a pre-determined path, perform programs, and special events. Manager must interact with partners, contractors, vendors and other business partners as needed. Organize and review the work of subordinate personnel. Oversee the maintenance of equipment and facilities.
Interpret and explain applicable policies and procedures. Communicate clearly and concisely.
To supervise, assign, review and participate in the work of co-workers and volunteers responsible for various activities related to livestock management and tourism-related activities; to ensure work quality and adherence to established policies and procedures; and to lead the more technical and complex tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility.
For additional information contact: KristinJaworski@fortworth.com
Require valid TX Driver's License & I-9 verification documents, CDL not required but preferred, reliable transportation, subject to pre-employment drug testing, and random drug & alcohol screenings. Saturday and Sundays required on a rotational schedule and most pre and post-holidays required.
Prior maintenance experience required with a willingness to work independently while being self-motivated and displaying a high energy level. Possess strong organizational and communication skills. Have three to five years verifiable experience in handling horses and cattle. Must be able to keep facilities and equipment in working order; general maintenance of arena, barn.
JOB TITLE: DROVER
SUMMARY OF BASIC FUNCTIONS: Riders/Barn Attendants/Operations Manager
Get paid to ride in the Stockyards, Entertain & Educate visitors.
Apply by sending application to: TheHerd@FortWorth.com. Phone calls or walk-ins will not be accepted.
Drovers are required to not only have western equine experience but also exceptional people skills because they will be working with the general public and children.
Drover position: Horse, Tack & Clothing provided. Part-time, varied schedule, weekends & holidays required, no benefits. Opportunity to promote to full time with experience and qualifications. No housing provided. You must also be able to pass a drug test and background check. Starting Drover position rate $14.00/hour.
Required: Two (2) years of responsible experience in horseback riding, cattle handling and public relations activities. Extensive team work and public contact required. This position is responsible for the direct care of horses and cattle, operation and maintenance of equipment, driving cattle, interacting with visitors and presenting educational programs to children and adults.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Operate truck/trailer/tractor/loader.
- Horsemanship skills – 2 years experience minimum
- Public speaking skills
- Cattle handling experience
- Bilingual Spanish English preferred
JOB TITLE: BARN ATTENDANT
SUMMARY OF BASIC FUNCTIONS: Required to maintain the facility, feed livestock and complete general daily maintenance of all facilities including stalls and horse facilities and equipment.
Barn Attendant position: Part time, varied schedule, weekends & holidays required, no benefits. Opportunity to promote to full time with experience and qualifications. No housing provided. You must also be able to pass a drug test and background check. Starting Barn position rate $12.00/hour.
You must fill out this application and return to The Herd office to be considered:
Indoor and outdoor environments; exposure to extremes in weather conditions; work around moving vehicles and animals; exposure to dust, fumes, and noise. Selected candidate must be willing to work weekends and holidays. Bilingual skills Spanish/English skills are preferred.
- Family Fun
Fort Worth Ale Trail
- Drink Responsibly
- How It Works
- Martin House Brewing Company
- Panther Island Brewing Company
- Rahr & Sons Brewing Company
- Turning Point
- Cowtown Brewery
- Locust Cider
- Funky Picnic
- Deep Ellum Funkytown Fermatorium
- Revolver Brewing
- Shannon Brewing Co.
- Hop Fusion
- Off the Trail
- Wild Acre
- Fort Brewery
- Maple Branch Craft Brewery
- Free Things to Do
- Historic Sites
- Western Experience
- Submit an Event
- By Category
- This Weekend
- Family Friendly
- Museum Exhibits
- Special Events
- Food & Drink
- Nature & Education
- Outdoor Adventure
- Sporting Events
- Western Experience
- By Category
- By District
- Group Restaurants
- Private Dining
- Eat FW
- Chef Stories
- Clearfork Restaurants
- By District
- Bed and Breakfast
- Hotel Offers
- About the Herd
- Behind the Scenes with The Herd
- Education Program
- Additional Information
- Friends of The Herd
- Stockyards Championship Rodeo
- Stockyards National Historic District
- Special Appearances
- Where and When is the Cattle Drive?