Turning Point Beer
- Brew buzz: Turning Point Beer opened in March 2018 with a focus on bringing high-quality hazy New England IPAs to North Texas. The brewing operation and taproom are on the same floor in the corner of an unassuming shopping center in Bedford, a convenient midpoint between Dallas and Fort Worth.
- Brewmaster: Alex Knight homebrewed for years to perfect his NEIPA process and sharpened his commercial teeth brewing for Community Beer Co. of Dallas.
- Beer sipping: Out with the old, in with the new: there are new brews to try each and every week at Turning Point. Constant new experimental brews are cranked out while only the most popular ones are made again. Delicious, citrusy double and triple IPAs like A Nu Start, Johnny Karate, $Texas, and DDH Dinglebop are perennial customer favorites. The African Dream Pop line of lightly sour fruited gose has had flavors like blackberry raspberry, strawberry mango ginger, pineapple blueberry, plum boysenberry and more. The Shake Zula milkshake IPA series comes in creative versions like Pineapple Upside Down Shake. Imperial pastry stouts have included flavors like pecan brownie, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, peanut butter, banana split sundae, chocolate blackcurrant, cinnamon vanilla espresso. The menu is always rounded out with a nice, clean lager for something sessionable.
- Brewery visits: Beer is sold on draft and to go in cans every day but Monday: Tuesday & Wednesday 3-9 p.m., Thursday-Saturday 4-10 p.m., Sunday 12-7 p.m. Tuesdays feature trivia from 7-9 with prizes including $75 and $30 gift cards. New cans release each week on Friday, follow on Instagram or Facebook for announcements. Saturdays and Sundays feature sports on massive TVs. There is a different food truck outside each day (listed on daily social media posts), lots of board games, and free-to-play arcade classics.
- Details: 1307 Brown Trail, Bedford, TX. 76022 817-705-8817 Instagram: @turningpointbeer Facebook: @tpbeers